[product_list cat=”Recumbent Exercise”]
Top 5 Recumbent Exercise Bikes
Do you find regular exercise bikes uncomfortable? Do you need extra comfort and back support? Recumbent bikes can give you the same workout as an upright bike but with extra comfort and lumbar support.
Recumbent bikes include a proper seat with a back rest instead of a saddle and they are let you sit a little further away from the paddles so you are in a more comfortable and relaxed position. They are a good choice for people who may be recovering from an injury or may require a more comfortable alternative to cardio exercise. Recumbent bikes are also a good choice if you want to focus on your glutes and lower stomach.
If you are looking to buy your own recumbent exercise bike than read on for our guide to the top five models which you can buy online right now!
Kettler Premium Review – Our Number 1
- The Kettler Premium Recumbent (Shop now!) bike features twelve workout programmes which will help you choose and select your goals and keep you moving forwards.
- This exercise bike is compatible with certain chest straps and includes a heart rate programme.
- The Kettle Premium exercise bike has sixteen stages of electronic magnetic resistance which will ensure that you continue to push yourself into the months and years to come.
- This exercise bike has an LCD display which will keep you up to date on all the necessary data including your pedalling speed, calorie consumption, and distance ‘travelled’.
- Recumbent exercise bikes are designed to be more comfortable than ordinary exercise bikes, but the Kettler Premium has taken it one step forward with their extra comfortable and adjustable seat which will keep you secure throughout the workout.
- This bike has a low mounting height which makes it easy for everyone, including those with mobility problems, to get on and off the bike.
Features: 12 Workout Programmes – 16 Resistance Levels – LCD Display – Extra Comfortable Seat – Low Mounting.
JTX Cyclo-5R Review – Number 2
- The JTX Cyclo-5R comes with a clear backlit 5 inch digital display which will keep you up to date with all the necessary feedback including your calories, speed, time, distance and watts.
- This cross trainer comes with a free heart rate chest strap as well as heart rate control programmes and a pulse display which you can use for complete heart rate training.
- The JTX Cyclo can be connected to an iConsole app which will provide you with training guides and motivational visual workouts to keep you going and make the whole cycling process more fun and realistic. You also have the option to connect your Mp3 player to the bie and play music through its speakers.
- This exercise bike has been designed to be extra comfortable and it comes with ergonomic back support and low-step access. This bike is a great choice for those who are just getting back into fitness after an injury or older people.
- The JTX Cyclo-5R has a ventilated seat back and uses breathable and sweat resistant fabric so you can keep cool whilst you workout.
- The JTX Cyclo 5R has 16 levels of extra quiet electro-magnetic resistance which you can use to push yourself and keep seeing results over time. This exercise bike also comes with a 5kg flywheel.
- This exercise bike has oversized pedals which will balance themselves where necessary. This bike also has a durable frame ad integrated levellers
- This exercise bike comes with a lifetime frame warranty, 3 year warranty on home repair or replacement, and free personal trainer support which includes advice and exercise plans.
Features: Backlit Display Screen – Free Chest Strap – Compatible With iConsole App – Sweat Resistant Fabric – 16 Resistance Levels – 5KG Flywheel – 3 Year Home Repair Warranty.
NordicTrack R65 Review – Number 3
- The NordicTrack R65 has twenty five levels of silent magnetic resistance which you can control via the one touch control system which will allow you to change the resistance as you work out.
- This exercise bike features a 9kg flywheel which has been enhanced for extra quiet and smooth movements throughout your exercise.
- The NordicTrack R65 has an easy-to-use five inch backlit display which you can use to select one of the thirty two available workouts.
- This NordicTrack exercise bike is compatible with the iFit Live app which will give you access to over one thousand workouts and google map displays for an authentic and engaging experience.
- This exercise bike has a large lumbar supported seat which can be easily adjusted via the easy glide seat adjustment
- The NordicTrack exercise bike also features extra wide pedals and adjustable straps for an ergonomic exercise and extra stability.
Features: 25 Silent Resistance Levels – One Touch Control System – 9KG Flywheel – 5 Inch Display Screen – Compatible With iFit Live App – Lumbar Support – Extra Wide Pedals.
Schwinn 270i Review – Number 4
- The Schwinn 270i is extra firm and sturdy thanks to its solid main frame and large mid-frame support. This is a sturdy and resistant exercise bike which can stand the test of time.
- This recumbent exercise bike has twenty five extra smooth and quiet resistance levels which you can control by the touch of a button.
- The Schwinn 270i exercise bike comes with two stunningly blue and backlit LCD display screens which will keep you up to date with your stats.
- This exercise machine also comes with twenty nine inbuilt workout programmes which will help you focus on your goals and try something new at the same time.
- The Scwinn 270i comes with a range of workout options including two fitness tests and nine heart rate workouts. You can also create up to four profiles if more than one person will be using the exercise bike on a regular basis.
- This exercise bike can be connected to the MyFitnessPal calorie app and the SchwinnConnectT website which can help you track your performance and see all your metric resuts.
- The Schwinn 270i has an integrated USB port which you can see to connect to the app or simply use it to charge your phone whilst you exercise.
- This exercise bike has been designed with your comfort in mind. It features a padded seat, a ventilated back, and anintegrated fan which will keep you cool during your workout. The seat a, foot pedals and handlebars are all adjustable.
- This exercise bike includes an integrated acoustic speaker system which you can use to blast your music as you workout.
Features: Sturdy Frame – 25 Smooth Resistance Levels – 2 LCD Display Screens – 29 Workout Programmes – Multiple Profiles – USB Port – Integrated Fan – Acoustic Speakers.
V-fit G-RC Review – Number 5
- This recumbent exercise bike is complete with an adjustable seat and a backrest to keep you comfortable and maintain good posture.
- The V-fit G-RC also comes with adjustable foot straps and oversized pedals.
- This recumbent exercise bike has an exercise monitor which will display seven of the most important functions including calories burned, distance travelled and the total time spent working out.
- This exercise bike comes with a 6kg cast iron flywheel which has been designed for smooth operation and zero friction.
- The V-fit G-RC magnetic exercise bike has eight-steps of resistance which can be adjusted by the dial located under the handlebars.
- This exercise bike requires AA batteries to function. It also comes with all the tools you’ll need to assemble the exercise bike at home so you don’t have to worry about your empty tool kit!
Features: Adjust Seat & Foot Pedals – 7 Display Monitor – 6KG Cast Iron Flywheel – 8 Resistance Steps – Comes With Tools.
Any one of these five recumbent exercise bikes will give you a comfortable, adjustable and effective workout, but one of the machines on our list offers a little more than the rest. We would like to recommend theKettler Premium Recumbent Exercise Bike – Black because it has been designed for optimum comfort, it has a low mounting height which is ideal for people with mobility problems, it has sixteen electro magnetic resistance stages, and it has twelve inbuilt workout programmes to help keep you on track.