[product_list cat=”Cross Trainer”]
Top 5 Home Cross Trainers
The cross trainer offers you a low impact full body workout which is ideal for people who don’t want to put too much pressure on their joints or those who for whatever reason don’t feel comfortable using a treadmill. The cross trainer is a cardio machine which can help you keep your heart healthy and improve your circulation as well as get you fit and help you burn those calories, but can also help you tone, condition and improve your muscle strength.
Most gyms will have several cross trainers that you can use, but you shouldn’t have to abandon your workout if you want to stay at home. If you buy a cross trainer for your home then you can use it whenever you want, you can work-out whilst you watch TV or blare your favourite music (no more relying on the gym playlist to get you pumped!), and you can save time on transport and money on gym memberships. If you are interested in buying a cross trainer for your home then read on for our list of the top five home cross trainers!
JTX Tri-Fit: Extendible Review – Our Number 1
- This cross trainer comes with an adjustable 16-20 inch stride which can be customised for multiple users of different heights.
- This JTX Tri-Fit cross trainer (Shop now!) comes with sixteen levels of silent magnetic resistance which you can use to push yourself as you improve over time. There are also nineteen workout programs and a custom program feature which allows you to select the programs that best match your goals or even create your own!
- The JTJTX Tri-Fit features incline control which can be adjusted depending on which part of your body you want to work on. You can target your core and glute muscles by increasing the incline, or reduce the incline to focus on your leg muscles.
- This cross trainer comes with a free heart rate step and heart rate programs which you can follow. Heart rate programs work off your heart rate and your body, so they are tailor made just for you.
- The JTX Tri-Fit can be connected by Blutetooth to a free iConsole app which you can use for motivation and visual stimulation.
- This cross trainer comes with a two year in home repair warranty which includes all parts of the machine. If your cross trainer is faulty you can get it fixed in your own home so you won’t have to pay for delivery or any external services.
Features: Adjustable Stride – Incline Control – Free Training App – Two Year Home Repair Warranty.
Pricing: Mid-Range/ High-End.
JTX Strider X7 Review – Number 2
- The JTX X7 Strider comes with a large full colour touch screen display which will display your speed, distance, watts, calories, time and programme progress.
- This cross trainer comes with 21 workout programmes which includes a specific fat burning programme, a hill programme and heart rate control. The JTX X7 allows you to save up to four of your own personal workout programmes so you can create and work towards your own goals.
- The heart rate programme (which is measured via sensors or straps sold separately) will show you your vitals so you can adjust the program to push yourself or keep yourself safe.
- The JTX X7 features a 12.5KG flywheel which will keep the machine smooth, stable and almost silent during your workout. This cross trainer has a 16 inch stride length.
- This cross trainer includes 16 adjustable levels of magnetic resistance which allows you to build up your resistance over time so you’ll keep seeing results as you improve.
- This cross trainer comes with adjustable non-slip pedals and adjustable floor pads for extra security and safety.
- The JTX X7 comes with a five year warranty which includes two years of in-house repairs including all parts. This means that if you are unlucky enough to buy a faulty model or your cross trainer breaks in some way you will be able to get it repaired in your home for free within two years of your purchase.
Features: Large Colour Display – 21 Workout Programmes – 12.5KG Flywheel – 16 Resistance Levels – Non Slip Pedals – 5 Year Warranty.
York Fitness Active Review – Number 3
- This 2-in-1 cross training model is also an exercise bike! This product is a great choice for anyone who wants to start their own home-fitness gym but has limited space.
- The York Fitness Active comes with seventeen inbuilt fitness programmes including three HRC programmes and one manual workout option.
- This cross trainer featuressixteen levels of computer controlled magnetic resistance which will allow you to start off slow and gradually build up the resistance over time.
- This York Fitness cross trainer comes with moving handlebars and fixed handlebars which you can alternate between depending on the kind of workout you want.
- The York Fitness Active features an LCD screen which will display you time, calories burned, distance, pulse and even more. These displays will help keep you on top of your goals and they will make it easier for you to track your progress.
- This cross trainer comes with pulse grip sensors which will give you an accurate heart rate reading so you can keep track of your vitals and use your body to customise your own ideal workout.
Features: 2-In-1 Exercise Bike & Cross Trainer – 17 Workout Programmes – 16 Resistance Levels – Moving & Fixed Handlebars – LCD Display Screen – Pulse Grip Sensors.
Hammer Crosstech XTR Review – Number 4
- This cross trainer has been made by the German Hammer brand which has been in business for over one hundred years.
- The Crosstech XTR cross trainer comes with a 16KG magnetic flywheel which has been designed for extra smooth operation.
- You can use the Hammer Crosstech XTR to go forwards or backwards at will, which means you can switch up your workout and focus on different muscle groups.
- This cross trainer includes hand pulse sensors and a chest strap pulse sensor which can help you keep track of your pulse to show you how hard you are working and when you need to slow down.
- This cross trainer features an LCD display which will display your calories, time, speed, distance and RPM.
- The Hammer Crosstech XTR comes with sixteen levels of resistance which you can use to keep improving over time.
- The Crosstech XTR comes with sixteen workout programmes including twelve pulse rate programmes. You can use these workout programmes to select and focus on new goals, or to keep yourself focused on any existing goals that you may have.
- This cross trainer includes adjustable non-slip foot plates which are there to give you extra security and control. This machine is also height adjustable.
- This cross trainer has been GS and TUV certified to Germans high quality standard.
- The Hammer Crosstech XTR comes with a two year warranty on all parts of the machine.
Features: Experienced Brand – 16KG Flywheel – Reversable Motion – Hand Pulse Sensors – LCD Display – 16 Resistance Levels – 16 Workout Programmes – Adjustable Non-Slip Feet – Certified – 2 Year Warranty.
Sportstech CX610 Review – Number 5
- The Sportstech CX610 comes with twelve pre-programmed training workouts which include watt training, cardio training and HRC. This cross trainer also comes with a pulse belt so it can monitor your heartbeat, help you push yourself and keep you from over-working your body.
- This cross trainer features extra large anti slip pedals which can be easily adjusted for optimal control and safety.
- Hydration is very important when you exercise, which is why this cross trainer includes a water bottle holder and comes with a free water bottle.
- The Sportstech CX610 is compatible with a fitness app which allows you to utilise google maps, street view and your training history to motivate yourself during your workout. This cross trainer also comes with a tablet holder.
- This cross trainer has an eighteen kilo inertia, a magnetic brake system and an extra quiet drive system which ensures a smooth and stable workout.
- The Sporstech CX610 includes a five year manufacturers guarantee which will protect you from any malfunctions or faulty deliveries.
Features: 12 Workout Programmes – Large Anti-Slip Pedals – Free Water Bottle & Water Bottle Holder – 5 Year Warranty.
All five of these cross trainers will help you get fit, keep motivated and work towards your fitness goals without ever having to set foot in a gym! We are sure you would be happy with any one of these machines, but we would like to especially recommend the JTX Tri-Fit: Extendible Long Stride and Incline Cross Trainer because it can be easily customised to suit multiple users, it comes with an incline option, it comes with a free heart rate strap, there are sixteen resistance levels, and nineteen workout programmes, and this cross trainer comes with a two year in-house repair warranty which means that if the cross trainer were to break you could get it fixed for free within your own house!